Friday, January 14, 2011

K-pop goes J-pop?


I started to listen to a group call SNSD short for So Nyeo Shi Dae or Girls Generation. I love all their songs and even learned a lot of the dance routines, but I dislike how now I want to learn a whole new language just so I can sing a long or understand the songs. The J-pop gods (yes I believe in J-pop gods) answered my prayers and thus Shojo Jidai was created!
Actually the girls signed a contract with Universal music and now have 3 or more Japanese remakes of their original Korean songs.
What was srange to me is that they slightly changed the dances when converting the songs. So now I have new dances to learn.
Korean Gee:

Japanese Gee:

I love being able to hear both versions but now I can actually sing a long! Which version do you guys like? I would love to hear your ideas in the comments below.
Also what do you think of K-pop bands crossing over to J-pop?

K-pop and J-pop have two different feels and images to them and I just see it weird if the both start to blend together. Though a lot of American J-pop fans are now going towards K-pop it might also be the same in Japan. What does this mean for J-pop. I hope J-pop stays strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment